All About Viral Marketing
In the present competitive business world, one of the widely used and successful marketing strategies is viral marketing. Viral marketing is a type of marketing technique that encourages people or websites to pass on a marketing message to others. It uses blogs and social sites to generate positive word-of-mouth brand awareness.
Viral Marketing Benefits
The advantages of viral marketing service are manifold. High credibility, great reach of people, low costs, speed and the scope of continuous promotion adjustments make viral marketing one of the most trusted methods when it comes to brand recognition and marketing.
- One of the most beneficial factor of viral marketing is it helps reach out a wide number of people in short time span. Making people aware about the product is the main of the marketing manager who looks for brand recognition.
- Viral marketing is one of the cheapest methods for promoting a business. Compared to an expensive advertisement on television channel, the cost of an email campaign is very low. You can post your videos free of cost on major social sites like YouTube and can make them popular using Twitter, Facebook, Twitter, My Space etc. When your product gets enough visibility and create buzz on internet, you don’t need to spend whopping amount of money to promote your business.
- If you are looking for a method that can quickly spread the word about your service or product, viral marketing or viral campaigns is the answer for you.
- When people hear messages about your products or services from their friends or relatives, they are more likely to believe their words. As you are being recommended by their friends and several networks, your creditability is raised. It works like a chain and you get higher traffic that helps to make your business more popular.
- Since your services and company are being recommended and discussed among the audiences, it creates a good noise or buzzes which helps your product to garner more visibility.
Viral Marketing Disadvantages
In case of viral marketing there is a sheer chance of being lost in the crowd. If a marketer has decided to use e-mail as a method of pull traffic to his website or product, he is competing with n-number of people who are relying upon the same thing. There is a risk of having their message lost among the vast number of emails that we receive everyday. Being labeled as spam marketer is not at all a good thing for any business.
Instead of creating a positive buzz about your business or product, sometimes it can work in the opposite way. If people start sharing negative information about a particular brand or venture on their blogs and message boards, most of us will to take the pain to investigate whether the negative buzz is appropriate.
You have to be very cautious about the message you want to send out. As the message is the one that can give you brand recognition, it is important to get the right message that inspires action.